Our Scientific Focus
Apellis is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals living with serious disease driven by complement and supports medical and scientific research that demonstrates the highest level of scientific integrity, inclusion, and curiosity.
Geographic Atrophy (GA)
- Long term (> 5yr) natural history data on geographic atrophy (GA) patients, including impact of progression on patients with low vision
- Assessing structural changes in the retina during GA progression
- Development of tests to evaluate visual function in patients with GA
- Relationship between choroidal neovascularization (CNV) and the development of GA
- Identification and validation of biomarkers of disease progression